WELCOME TO NYC'S TOP DOG!
NYC’s Top Dog Inc. is located in the Bronx, New York, and is the premiere boarding kennel for your dog or cat. It is our intention to provide your pet with the best possible care available in any commercial kennel. We employ qualified, knowledgeable, dog lovers, and caring people, who understand that your pets are dependent upon us for their care. What we cannot do is take your place. No one can do that, but we will do our best to make your pet feel as comfortable as possible and make their stay with us enjoyable.
If you have never boarded your pet with us before, we would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to our boarding and training facility. Inspection of our boarding kennel is welcome anytime during regular business hours, without an appointment.
Boarding for the First Time?
How well your pet does during his or her stay at any kennel depends not only upon the kennel environment but also upon his/her attitude towards people, age, past experience with being boarded, and how well he/she responds to being away from a familiar home environment.
The majority of pets adjust readily to the kennel routine. Many enjoy seeing all the other “boarders” and even thrive on the activity and attention. However, first time boarders MAY be lonely or nervous the first day, but with extra attention, they generally adjust and enjoy their stay with us.
Our Boarding Amenities
- All runs are inside in a temperature-controlled building. We provide special orthopedic dog beds for dogs suffering from arthritis. When weather turn cold, we will also have heated pads for your pet’s best comfort and health.
- This area is fully enclosed and escape proof.
- We feed Wellness, one of the best puppy food in the market that is well known for its high-quality ingredients dog food. If your dog has special dietary needs, you can provide us with the food and we will gladly serve it to you pet, at no extra charge.
- All dogs and cats have fresh water available 24 hours a day.
- We do not have any fleas or ticks in our kennel. All runs are disinfected inside and out after each pet is discharged.
- All pets entering our facility must be fully inoculated. (proof required upon arrival). Dogs must be current on Rabies, distemper, and bord tella is recommended. Cats need Rabies, and all upper respiratory inoculations.
- We recommend inoculation be done at least 10 days prior to boarding.
- Medication: no extra charge for giving your dog the medication you provide. We DO NOT do injections, nor do we feed dogs with CBD dog treats.
- Vet Care: If we feel your pet needs a veterinarian during his visit, we will either contact your vet or bring your pet to one of several vets readily available in our area.
Before you contact us with any questions, please read the following to check if your question is already answered. Thank you!
HOW MUCH IS THE BOARDING COST?
The cost is based on the size of your pet. Please call for our current rates.
HOW MANY TIMES DO THEY GET WALKED?
All dogs get walked twice per day, and receive supervision and interaction from the staff.
HOW MUCH NOTICE DO I NEED TO BOARD MY DOG?
Please give us at least 48 hours notice.
FOR HOW LONG CAN I BOARD MY DOG?
You could board your dog or cat for as long as you need.
HOW OLD DOES MY DOG NEED TO BE?
We will board any dog over the age of 6 months.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PREPARE FOR BOARDING?
You must provide proof that your dog has all vaccinations, including the bordetella vaccine. Your cat must have the FVRCP and Rabies vaccines.
WHAT TIME DO I DROP OFF?
After you have confirmed the boarding date, you may drop off on that day between 10-5pm.
IS MY DOG GOING TO INTERACT WITH OTHER DOGS?
It could be possible that the staff may take two dogs at a time for walking, if we think the dogs are friendly with each other.
SHOULD WE BRING OUR OWN FOOD?
If your dog has a sensitive diet or require special formulated dog food for allergies, then we will recommend that you bring your canine current food to prevent digestive upsets, especially if your dog has allergies.
CAN MY DOG OR CAT GET SICK WITH RESPIRATORY ISSUES SUCH AS AN URI OR KENNEL COUGH?
It may be a possibility that your dog or cat might be exposed, since there are many animals at our kennel.
CAN IT BE TREATED?
Yes it can be treated. In the unfortunate circumstance that your dog or cat is exposed, you may treat them with Doxycycline.
HOW CAN I PAY THE BILL?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, checks, and cash.
DO I NEED TO LEAVE A DEPOSIT?
We require two weeks advance payment for all boarding fees.
WILL YOU WASH MY DOG?
Only on request or if dog becomes dirty.
CAN I VISIT MY PET?
Yes, but please contact us in advance.
WHAT IF MY DOG IS AGGRESSIVE?
Any animal that is aggressive will cost an additional fee, and will require an experienced handler.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR RESCUE ORGANIZATIONS?
Yes, we offer discounted boarding rates to rescue organizations, please call to find out more about our rates.